To provide a friendly, efficient and professional service to the Partners, staff and clients of Smith Thornton and to assist them with their general needs and requirements. To carry out general day-to-day administration jobs within the firm by working together with the other admin team members to ensure that all administration duties and tasks are being met within the firm.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- First point of call for all clients walking into the office of Smith Thornton, attending to their needs and making sure that they are well looked after by offering them a tea, coffee or water.
- Answering telephone calls, making appointments, taking messages and forwarding to appropriate staff members as well as responding and acting upon specific requests and urgencies.
- Collecting incoming mail on a daily basis & distributing to appropriate staff members including pickup and delivery of client documents.
- Preparing and recording outgoing mail on a daily basis and mailing with Australia Post.
- Receipting all cash, cheque, credit card, eftpos and direct deposit payments into our database and depositing regularly at our nominated bank.
- Maintaining and monitoring the firm's Petty Cash records and funds.
- Taking and typing up of minutes from Smith Thornton's fortnightly team meetings.
- Checking, monitoring and finalising all staff timesheets on a daily basis.
- Lodging Income Tax Returns and Business Activity Statements on a regular basis.
- General maintenance and management of the Corporate compliance Annual Reviews.
- Updating and monitoring of client monthly disbursements.
- Labelling, filing & archiving of client Tax files, Business Activity Statement files, Corporate Company files and records & Superannuation Fund files and records.
- Photocopying, scanning and maintaining of all internal work sheets and documentation.
- Maintaining and ordering all stationery items for the firm including specialised printed stationery.
- Upon client and Partner authority, e-mailing financials and/or tax returns to third parties and/or clients. (Ensuring that strict security settings apply)
- Weekly management of the Smith Thornton lotto social fund.
- All other general administrative tasks as required such as: shopping, maintaining the general presentation of the reception area, kitchens, entrance to the building & firm etc.
- A background working in a customer service environment, ideally with experience in office reception work.
- Must have a good work ethic, excellent organisations skills, an eye for detail and presentation and have a happy work attitude.
- Drivers licence and vehicle
- Confident enough to develop client relationships and build rapport with staff, partners and clients.
Fulltime position working from 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday with a 1 hour lunchbreak
Applications close 5:00pm Wednesday 14 October 2020.