Strategic Business Advisory
Strategy 360 Program
This tailored program includes:
- Needs analysis meeting
- Financial analysis review
- Budget and cash flow forecast
- Initial Board of Advice meeting
- Subsequent Board of Advice meetings
The program is designed to help you identify any gaps in your business performance, risk management, succession planning and work/life balance. We then consider techniques to close or minimise these gaps and work through an action plan to accomplish desired outcomes.
Needs Analysis Meeting
A business needs analysis will help you to understand what your business and personal goals are and what is already in place to support those goals. This is the basis for identifying what the gaps are, what needs to be done to minimise any gaps and achieve your overall objectives. For example, it might be critical to you that there is a good balance between work and family yet your current achievement in this is poor. Or you may wish to sell your business in the near future yet you are currently integral to its operation. Identifying the gaps and developing practical solutions is important in focusing your attention to achieve your goals and live your best life.
The needs analysis meeting is an informal discussion that covers your business's:
- Funding, and
- Succession planning
From the business needs analysis meeting a plan will be developed to address any issues identified.
Financial Analysis Review
Understanding your business's financial story will enable you to develop strategies to improve your business. You will be able to see the impact that changes to the key drivers of your business, such as price and volume, will have not only on your profit and cash flow but also on the value of your business. Imagine being able to test the effect of your decisions before you implement them and knowing how a particular decision will affect your cash flow.
Budget and Cash Flow Forecasting
A good budget is a necessity in a good business plan. It is one of the best business tools you can have, allowing you to set financial targets and measure performance.
This month by month action plan will enable you to identify and plan for your desired business revenue, related costs and your overall business performance (the cash left over for you). It also indicates the likely future movement of money in and out of the business to ensure you can plan to manage debts when they fall due. Financiers often require cash flow projections as a prerequisite for funding approval.
The techniques we utilise in the formation of your budget will allow you to consider future scenarios and give you goals to strive for in your business. We can tailor a budget and/or cash flow projection that is right for your business needs.
Let us show you how this can provide you with essential feedback to allow you to prepare for the future of your business.
Budget v. Actual Comparison
Do you need to be accountable to stay focused? We can measure your actual performance against budgeted performance and analyse any discrepancies to improve decision making and spending mindfulness. This type of regular review will keep you on target to achieve your financial and business goals.
Initial Board of Advice Meeting
This is a dynamic business meeting that will enable you to:
- Make better business decisions – this starts with well-informed advice. We will analyse your financial records to reveal your business strengths and weaknesses to assist you in making better business decisions. We will also look at where your business is today, where it can be tomorrow and how to achieve this.
- See the financial impact of key business decisions before you make them. For example, "What happens to my profit and cash flow if my sales price or sales turnover increases or decreases?" or "Should I purchase or lease xyz equipment?".
- Commit to a set of goals and actions with clear timeframes and responsibilities.
Subsequent Board of Advice Meetings
These ongoing meetings will allow us to assess your progress towards the goals identified in the first board of advice meeting and suggest any strategic changes to your implementation plan.
Business Value Assessment - Current
This is a process and a set of procedures used to estimate the economic value of an owner's interest in a business at this point in time. This can also be used to determine the estimated price a vendor is willing to pay, or for you to receive to affect a sale of a business. In addition to estimating the selling price of a business, the same valuation process and tools are often used to resolve disputes related to estate and gift taxation, divorce litigation, allocation of business purchase price among business assets, establishing a formula for estimating the value of partners' ownership interest for buy-sell agreements and many other business and legal purposes.
Business Value Assessment - Future
This is a process and a set of procedures used to estimate the economic value of an owner's interest in a business at a point in the future. This will allow you today to know what your business can be worth in the future, if you adopt the key improvement strategies identified in a financial analysis review.
We can provide you with accurate, timely information - allowing you to make the right decisions and work hard towards your end goal.
Financial Diagnostic Consultation
Would you like to know the financial effect of a business decision before you make it? Would you like have strategies to improve your profits and monitor the successes of these? Do you know what your industry key performance indicators are and how you compare? Do you want to grow your business?
A dynamic financial diagnostic consultation will enable you to;
- Make better business decisions - better business starts with well-informed advice. We will analyse your financial records to reveal your business strengths and weaknesses and understand where your money is going.
- See instant answers to complex questions - see the health of your business, in seconds. You'll get instant answers to questions like, "What happens to my cash flow if my sales increase" or "What will interest rate changes do to my bottom line?" That way you can quickly identify problem areas and understand the ways to address them.
- Create and monitor financial strategy - extract core figures from your accounting system to produce an easy-to-understand 'financial scorecard'. It's a quick and easy way for you to predict profit, performance and cash flow.
- Add value to your key decisions - develop 'what if', goal-seeking and benchmarking scenarios so you can see what affect business decisions will have – before they make them. So it's ideal for business planning and improvement, loan applications, valuations and due diligence tests.
Whether you are considering finance for expansion, an acquisition, refinancing or assessment of an existing facility, we can provide practical pre-lending advice. We understand that the dynamics of finance depend on the profile of your business and the type of funding required. We can assist you by assessing the underlying business health and the lending fundamentals of security and serviceability. We believe our role is important to achieve mutual understanding between borrower and lender of loan risks and ongoing expectations.
In addition to measuring financial performance, we can also measure and monitor both your financial and non-financial key performance indicators (KPIs). These KPIs are completely customisable to suit any specific industry and business.
Common KPIs may include financial margins and ratios, client and staff satisfaction, sales conversions, inventory days, waste, rework and many others. By examining KPI (lead) performance metrics and financial (lag) performance metrics side-by-side, business owners are provided a powerful framework for understanding the role 'lead' indicators play in driving the future financial performance.
Have you ever wondered how your business performs compared to your competitors? Are you spending enough on advertising? Are you paying too much rent? Are your staff costs too high? What is the average bottom line of your competitors?
Survival in today's business climate requires you to spend more time working on your business rather than in the business.
We can provide you with accurate, timely and informative benchmarking reports - allowing you to:
- See how your business compares against your competitors
- Understand how the rest of your industry works
- Analyse the key performance indicators of your industry
Armed with this information, we will work with you to develop action strategies to improve your bottom line.
Restructuring your Organisation
A consultation process which enables you to review the internal running of your business, consider where improvements can be made and ensure the business direction is aligned with your goals and plans.
Inventory Management Review
An inventory management review will:
- Identify your top inventory winners and the bottom inventory losers;
- Quantify the profitability of each inventory line;
- Design your store layout to positively influence your customers buying behaviour;
- Set KPI's for inventory turnover by line or product.
If you are targeting growth in sales and profitability, this will be an imperative component of your strategic plan. Are you a service based business? If so, the same factors can be applied.
COVID-19 Business Continuity Planning
For businesses who have been adversely affected by COVID-19, this meeting will tailor an action plan to survive and recover from the COVID-19 crisis that suits your unique circumstances.
Our aim is to ensure your business achieves the potential it's capable of. We have the know-how and experience to offer advice to help you run your business more effectively.
We can act as a sounding board for management, bringing to the relationship years of experience in business growth. We can identify key performance indicators in your business, assist you to set realistic goals in these areas, monitor them and help with strategies to achieve them.
today for more information on how we are able to assist you in the management of your business.
A multitude of risks exist in today's business environment. Our experience enables us to accurately assess risk and to protect you from vulnerabilities inherent in your enterprise. An effective risk management strategy will improve performance, allow completion of goals, and protect the value of your business.
A risk assessment includes:
- Assembling relevant information about your business and its market
- Identifying major risks facing your business
- Developing a risk strategy
- Implementation of the risk management procedures
The pressures of daily business can often mean that strategic planning takes a back seat - but to have a successful business you must plan ahead.
We will help you establish a strategic plan that looks at where you want your business to be in the next three-five years and exactly how you and your team can achieve these aims and objectives.
Your strategic plan will:
- Define the characteristics of your company in three to five years
- Identify your competitors
- Define your objectives and financial goals
- Put in place an effective implementation plan to achieve your goals
today for more information on how we are able to assist you plan for the future of your business.