This is an opportunity to work alongside a reputable team of professionals and involves end-to-end Tax responsibilities. An example of an average day in this role includes:
- Preparing financial statements and tax returns for individuals, trusts, partnerships, companies and self-managed superannuation funds
- Preparing Instalment Activity Statements and Business Activity Statements for clients
- Conducting tax planning and preparing budgets and cash flow forecasts
- Researching various taxation and corporation matters as required
- Liaising with clients, ATO and other organisations
- Providing tax advice to small-medium size businesses.
We are keen to hear from you if you have:
- At least 2-3 years Australian tax experience
- Ideally be CA/CPA qualified or close to completion
- Strong problem solving, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop and foster strong client and colleague relationships
- Strong organisational skills with an ability to meet deadlines while producing high-quality work.
Please email your CV, a brief cover letter and academic transcripts to email@example.com. All applicants must be eligible to work in Australia.
"No matter how long you're with us, we hope that working at Smith Thornton will leave you with skills, contacts and memories that will stay with you forever." - Rebecca Williss, Partner