Responsible for applying accounting principles, procedures, SIS legislation and SIS regulations to analyse financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
Education & Experience
- Advanced Diploma of Accounting, but higher qualifications will be regarded favourably.
- Knowledge of accepted accounting practices and principles will be regarded favourably.
- Knowledge of applicable superannuation tax legislation, codes and regulations (or a strong willingness to learn).
- Knowledge of auditing practices and principles.
- Knowledge and experience of related computer applications.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Compile and analyse financial information to prepare financial statements including periodical and annual accounts.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with Smith Thornton internal policies and procedures.
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Prepare financial management reports including accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues, expenses and balance sheet items.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Monitor and support taxation issues.
- Develop and maintain financial data bases.
- Financial audit preparation - for the purposes of submitting appropriate financial records to a subsequent audit function, and assist and coordinate the audit process.
- Analyse and advise on revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues.
- Analyse financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions.
- Perform complex tax computations and prepare SMSF income tax returns.
- Research complex tax law and communicate findings to clients and/or Partners.
- Mentoring to Graduate/Trainee Accountants.
- Client Relationship - Develop, enhance and nurture personal client relationship both individually and as part of the larger Smith Thornton team.
- Read, understand and apply tax legislation and SIS regulation terminology
- A good understanding and interest in Australian superannuation principles
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Planning and organising
- Strong communication skills
- Information and task monitoring
- Problem analysis
- Judgment and problem-solving
- Supervisory skills
SMSF experience preferred. Full time preferred but part time considered for the right applicant.
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.