As part of our specialist SMSF division your skills will be utilised in providing compliance advice, preparing annual reports, tax returns and audit. This role offers the opportunity to foster strong client relationships while developing technical and professional skills. In summary, the position involves:
- Preparing financial statements and tax returns for self-managed superannuation funds using automated cloud-based software
- Preparing Instalment Activity Statements and Business Activity Statements for clients
- Researching various taxation and SIS Regulation issues as required
- Liaising with clients, ATO and other organisations
- Providing strategic advice to clients and team members.
We are keen to hear from you if you:
- Have self-managed superannuation fund experience
- Ideally are qualified or looking to complete a qualification
- Have strong problem solving, written and verbal communication skills
- Are able to develop and foster strong client and colleague relationships
- Possess strong organisational skills with an ability to meet deadlines while producing high-quality work.
- Please don't apply unless you have experience with self-managed superannuation fund compliance, would like to build specialist SMSF skills and see this as a career opportunity.
Further questions? For a highly confidential discussion, please contact Simon Smith or Rebecca Williss on 08 98425155.
Please email your CV, a brief cover letter and academic transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants must be eligible to work in Australia.
"No matter how long you're with us, we hope that working at Smith Thornton will leave you with skills, contacts and memories that will stay with you forever." - Rebecca Williss, Partner