Senior Manager (Tax Accountant)
Associate - Professional team member that demonstrates prospects of becoming a partner/equity participant.
Directly responsible to a Partner for a substantial portfolio of clients, establishing meaningful and long term rapport with clients as the "trusted advisor", having independent and autonomous management responsibility and delegation authority to a small team of assistant accountants and administration support, and be accountable for higher level Key Performance Indicators with your client portfolio and other areas within your sphere of influence and control.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
Liaising directly with clients and providing a high level of advice in regard to technical issues across all areas of SME commerce including Accounting, Tax, Corporate Affairs, State Taxes, Insurance, Business Analysis and Audit and will engender confidence in clients by the manner and advice provided.
- Provide management, leadership and supervision of team members.
- Active participation with partners in the development, marketing and expansion of existing business and strategic planning.
- Highly focused on generating revenue for the business.
- High level of analytical ability in reading financial data and able to deliver business advisory services.
- Compile and analyse financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual accounts.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies, procedures and protocols.
- Ensure all financial reporting and compliance deadlines are met.
- Prepare financial management reports including accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues, expenses and balance sheet items.
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Continuous management and support of budget and forecast activities.
- Develop and maintain financial data bases.
- Analyse and advise on business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues.
- Analyse financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provide strategic business recommendations and provide solutions to business and financial problems.
- Perform complex tax computations and oversee the preparation of income tax returns.
- Research complex tax law and communicate findings to clients and/or Partners.
- Proactively support and maintain Quality Control of product and services provided.
- Mentoring to Graduate/Trainee Accountants.
Education & Experience
Minimum 5 years experience in Australian public practice
- CA/CPA qualified (preferred). Lesser qualifications considered, but will affect remuneration level.
If not qualified in CA/CPA, will commit to achieving this qualification.
- Experience in managing staff
- Previous accountability for job completion
- Previous accountability for client management
- Previous experience in a budget defined environment
- Previous accountability for business development and revenue growth
- Previous accountability for client portfolio
Key Competencies and Attributes
- Attitude - Positive, enthusiastic, personable, charismatic
- Able to provide leadership by example
- Strong communication skills & interpersonal skills
- Able to provide business advisory services
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Planning and organising
- Information and task monitoring
- Problem analysis
- Judgment and problem-solving
- Supervisory skills
- Proficient in using accounting software packages
- Energetic and self motivated
- Strong compliance background
Key Performance Indicators
- Client Portfolio - WIP, Debtors, Average Hourly Rate, client losses/retention/growth, chargeable hours, compliance lodgements, quality control
- Qualitative Assessment (anecdotal evidence) - Client relationships, work colleague relationships (teamwork), business community relationships
Email applications to our Office Manager Skita Goodall at: email@example.com
Applications close 5:00pm Friday 30 October 2020.